Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Update 12/27/2011; Small Steps

Hi!

Guess what?? Dad is starting to wake up! This evening he opened his eyes ever so slightly and was responsive to sound. Meaning, when we said "hi" he would open his eyes and glance towards the speaker. Mom and Ems read to him just before we left for the night and he kept his eyes open through the entire reading.

The sedative has not fully left his system, so he still cannot squeez hands but that is the next step. Now that he is waking up, he is going to be a "little" tired. I know he has been out for a few days but apparently that didn't necessarily mean he was resting. His body is still fighting the sickness. With that said, we DO NOT want to discourage people from coming to see him. As I have stated before, we like visitors and we know he does as well. But we will need to limit the amount of time of each visit. If you have the opportunity to stop by over the next few days, please stop by the CCU waiting room before walking back to his room. Please understand, we are not asking for people to stop comming, we just want everyone to know that the amount of time will be limited due to Dad needing to rest.

Here are some prayer requests:
- "Life" over Dad.
- to wake up fully and respond to commanads
- that the antibiotics would work and white blood count would go down (I know...I know, we just finished praying for the count to go up...which it did but its up to 49.0. It needs to be between 8.0 and 10.0).
- that everything is perfect neurologically.

Here are some versus Mom wanted to pass on:
Deut. 30:19
Proverbs 4:20-22
Psalms 107:20
Psalms 118:17
Psalms 91:16

As always, we are very thankful to have such a host of believers praying for Dad. Thank you all!

3 comments:

  1. We are still praying over here at the Herrera house. I am so glad to hear the good news!
    Tell Bobby that we put some tamales aside for him in the freezer!
    Carrie Herrera

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the pleasure of meeting Mr bobby at the Langham Creek YMCA, where he and I worked. We spent many days talking about the Word and him telling jokes. I remember him first finding out about his illness and us praying with him. He was then moved to one of our camps and I later left the Y. There are people who really touch your life and Mr Bobby was one of those people for me. I often wondered how he was doing and I am still praying for him. Please let him know that Madeline Kirksey said hello and that prayer still works.
    God Bless
    Madeline Kirksey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Frazier family,
    So glad to read about the improvements that Bobby is experiencing, and am praying that they are seeds of greater things to come. God's healing sometimes comes quickly and at other times incrementally, as it did for me after an anointing I received for healing to be able to swallow again.

    I read your scriptures, Kim. They inspired me to send you the link to this song that I absolutely love by Israel. I pray it Blesses you as well. Its called, "with long life"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33L9DZae81I

    Keeping you, your family and Bobby in our prayers, for God does hear and cares for the children of man, being that we are the daughters of Eve and sons of Adam. I pray that the Lord would allow for Bobby to continue being with us in this land of the living, because he does so know how to praise the Lord and inspire others to do so as well.

    Thanking God for He is good and His mercy does indeed endure forever!
    Selina Hiett

    ReplyDelete