Here is the update:
- The main goal for today is to get Dad off of the sedative medication and get him awake. Since he had such a low blood pressure, they are unsure as to how much blood and oxygen went to the brain during the early stage of his stay at the hospital.
- Blood pressure is looking good! He is still receiving the low dose of blood pressure medicine.
- White cell count still looks good.
- Oxygen level from the breathing machine is down to 40%.
Key improvements to pray for:
1) He needs to wake up!! This has been the longest time my dad has gone without saying a word and all of you know that he is not the silent type. We are looking for him to make eye contact and respond to commands (squeezing hands, nodding his head, etc.)
2) The kidney function needs to improve. They are ok for now but we need them back to 100%.
3) They have switched to a new antibiotic. The old antibiotics were taking a toll on the kidneys and needed to be changed. We need this new antibiotic to do an even better job fighting against the infection.
Thanks everyone for your prayers!!